5th Sunday Rosary Program Fact Sheet
What is the 5th Sunday Rosary program?
- Knights of Columbus councils are encouraged to sponsor Rosary prayer services on the fifth Sunday of the following months:
- August 30, 2015
- November 29, 2015
- January 31, 2016
- May 29, 2016
When and where can councils conduct 5th Sunday Rosary prayer services?
- Ideally, prior to each Mass or a selected Mass on the weekend of the fifth Sunday. Alternatively, a 5th Sunday Rosary Prayer service can be conducted in the parish hall or council meeting place at a convenient time on that weekend.
- It is important that, when planning 5th Sunday Rosary prayer services, councils work with the pastor and/or council chaplain, so as not to conflict with other scheduled parish events.
What support will the Supreme Council provide in support of this program?
- Councils will be sent, upon request, a 5th Sunday Rosary Program kit, which will contain a supply of Rosary rings and instructions on how to use a Rosary ring.
- It is important to note that participants can also use their personal Rosary when participating in a 5th Sunday Rosary Prayer service. Knights of Columbus members, for example, may wish to use the Rosary they were given when they took their First Degree.
- The 5th Sunday Rosary Program kit will also contain materials and information that can be used to promote the council’s 5th Sunday Rosary Prayer service and a Rosary Prayer card, which contains information on the Mysteries and Prayers of the Rosary.
- The 5th Sunday Rosary Program Kit order form will be sent to each council in July, and posted to kofc.org/forms. Click Here for order form.
- Click Here for reporting form.
Conducting this Church Activity on each of the 5th Sunday’s during the 2015-2016 fraternal year will fulfill all four requirements for the Church Activities section of the Columbian Award. In addition, it provides a visible “faith formation” program that will engage current members and their families, and will give parish families who are not yet part of the council an opportunity to experience the faith and fellowship that comes with being a member of the Knights of Columbus.